Habitat For Humanity
The mission of Habitat is bringing people together to build homes for God’s people in need. Habitat builds quality, affordable, simple and decent homes.
The Habitat Statement:
• We are an organization founded on Christian principles; we welcome all people to participate in our organization.
• We provide the opportunity for home ownership to people who might not otherwise become homeowners.
• We recognize that one strength of Habitat is the central role volunteers play in our work.
• We work in partnership with the people who purchase our homes, providing support and counsel to help them succeed in home ownership.
• We bring the community and our partner families together in the home building process.
• We work to assure that our families and homes are assets to the surrounding neighborhood.
• We seek to partner with others in the community to address affordable housing issues.
The St. Martins has been a partner with Habitat in Dane County since 2009. We have built homes in Madison, Mazomanie, Mt. Horeb, and Fitchburg. Our goal is to assemble a crew to work once a month during the summer months. We enjoy great food at lunch provided by our volunteer lunch crew.
There are many tasks that volunteers perform on these homes. The St. Martins Crew has built picnic tables for several habitat sites which are used for the builds and placed at each home as part of the home, framed walls, placed sub floors, sealed firewalls, dry walled along with tasks of cleaning up the site, moving scaffolding, and installing door locks. Anyone can join the crew, no special skills are required, and all tools are provided. Yes, we work hard but have some fun as well!
Habitat For Humanity Website
Volunteers or Questions please contact Phil Fish at email